The style of Yoga that I teach is based on Hatha yoga – the union of balance of body and mind – and incorporates massage, soft stretching and gentle movements to make it appropriate for babies, ensuring a fun and rewarding experience. Yoga helps to release blockages of tension in the body. Tension can block the flow of energy and cause the body to tighten and become painful, for example in colic and teething.
The benefits to your baby include:
– All the benefits already stated in baby massage – relaxation, longer sleep and relieving of symptoms of colic, teething and constipation.
– Helps balance, co-ordination and motor skills.
– Strengthens your baby’s body and reflexes.
– Stimulates the brain and major organs.
– Develops physical confidence and muscle development as well as spacial awareness.
– Increases bonding and is a fun and a great social environment for you and your baby.